FRIENDS OF THE WOLCOTT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOOK DONATION GUIDELINES
In order to raise money for the library Book and Craft Sales are held by the Friends each June and September.
Proceeds from the book sales go to the library to fund programs, events, and purchases not covered by the library’s budget.
The Friends of the Wolcott Public Library are happy to accept your donations of books and other items in suitable condition for resale at our book sales. We will accept donations of gently used adult and children’s items such as books, DVDs, and books on tape and CD. We would especially appreciate large print books. You can drop off items at the Library’s Circulation Desk. If you have a great number please call the Circulation Desk at 230-879-8110 and make arrangements for a staff member to meet you in the library’s lower level to drop off your items. The Friends greatly appreciate your donations, however please remember that if you donate items that are not suitable for our sales, this will cause extra time and expense for the Friends to sort and discard them.
The following items we gladly accept:
- Large Print Books
- Travel Guides no older than two years
- Books in good condition
- CDs and DVDs
- Books on CD or tape
- Puzzles and computer games
- Readers Digest condensed books
- Books that are outdated—computer, technical, medical, textbooks (3 years is a good guide)
- Travel guides older than two years
- Books that have been stored in damp areas, display mold, are water-damaged